Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This tastes like you might get at a fancy restaurant, yet it's pretty easy to make.
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves, tenderloins removed
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine fresh breadcrumbs
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Flatten chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap to 3/8" thickness.
- In 9" pie plate or large shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and grated Parmesan.
- In cup, on HIGH power, microwave 2 tbsp butter until melted, about 20 seconds; stir in 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Working with 1 breast at a time, brush 1 side with melted butter.
- Place, butter side down, in crumbs; press down to coat.
- Brush top of breast with butter; turn over and coat with crumbs.
- Place on waxed-paper lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining breasts.
- In each of 2 large non-stick skillets, melt 1 tbsp butter until foamy.
- Place 2 chicken breasts in each pan; cook over medium heat 6 minutes; turning once, until coating is golden brown and chicken is cooked through (adjust heat if crumb mixture is browning too quickly).
- Remove chicken to serving platter; wipe one of the skillets clean.
- In clean skillet, melt remaining butter; cook over medium heat until light golden and smells toasted.
- Stir in lemon juice and capers.
- Pour over chicken.
Oh my my my after I made this I didn't want to serve it. I WANTED IT ALL TO MYSELF:).. BUT I DID. Everyone enjoyed, requesting MORE MORE. Thank you for sharing
Truely yummy and elegant
WOW! Absolutely fabulous! I've never had capers before, so this was my first try and I loved the whole dish. Wouldn't change a thing and will definitely make this again..thanks for sharing!