1/1 Photo of Chicken Paella
This is a very wonderful and tasty chicken and rice dish, everything is cooked in one skillet, so it is quite easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs chicken pieces (with skin on or off)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 12 Spanish olives, green with pimento, sliced (or more if desired)
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted sweet peppers or 1 large roasted red pepper, cut into strips
- 1In a large deep non-stick skillet, or a paella pan with cover, warm olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 2Season the chicken with salt and pepper on all sides.
- 3Add the chicken, and brown on all sides.
- 4Remove chicken; set aside.
- 5Add in the onion and garlic, saute until translucent.
- 6Stir in the rice, cook for 1 minute.
- 7Add in tomatoes, chicken broth, capers and the cayenne pepper.
- 8Press chicken pieces down into the liquid.
- 9Cover the pan, and bring the liquid to a slow simmer; reduce the heat to very low.
- 10Cook until the rice is tender (about 30-40 minutes).
- 11Top with olives and peas; stir very gently.
- 12Arrange the pepper strips on top of the paella.
- 13Cover the pan again, cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the peas are hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Paella
Serving Size: 1 (550 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 648.2
- Calories from Fat 294
- Total Fat 32.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 103.5 mg
- Sodium 829.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 36.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
roasted sweet peppers