Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 4 chicken legs (thighs and drumsticks)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 4 ounces smoked ham
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tomatoes, peeled,seeded,and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cut the chicken legs in half.
- Heat the oil in a 12-inch paella pan or large flameproof casserole and brown the chicken pieces on both sides.
- Add the onion and garlic and stir in the turmeric.
- Cook for 2 minutes over medium heat.
- Dice the ham and add to the pan, with the rice and stock.
- Bring to a boil and season to taste, then lower the heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the chopped tomatoes, sliced pepper, and frozen peas.
- Return to the heat and cook, stirring frequently, for 10-15 minutes more, or until the chicken is tender and fully cooked and the rice has absorbed the stock.
very good recipe I do appreciate it