Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Very tasty and very low fat and healthy recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup fat free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 14 1⁄2 ounces green peas
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Place chicken, tomatoes, onion, pepper, broth, garlic, oregano and turmeric in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker (crockpot). Cover and cook on low setting for 5 hours.
- Add peas and rice; cook, uncovered, until peas are tender, about 15 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving (includes 1 chicken thigh per serving).
We liked this and I do plan to make it again, except I will do some heavy modifying to fit our tastes a little better such as adding onion, cumin and real garlic. It is a good base to start with though. Thanks for sharing!