Recipe by Sky Hostess
This recipe is a combination of several recipes that I like - I was trying to copy a meal that is served at a restaurant here in Phoenix called Pei Wei - I think I did it! This is fabulous! Great flavor. Instead of rice noodles we used the whole wheat fettuccini noodles from Trader Joe's. An optional ingredient would be to add 1 to 2 teaspoons of curry powder also. That should be added when cooking the onion and chicken in the first step. Enjoy! For those of you have made this before I have tweeked this just a bit. I've added the vinegar in the sauce. Went back to Pei Wei and discovered it was missing vinegar! Reduced the oil and the amount of chicken as well.
Top Review by crazycoconut4404
Too much vinegar, soy sauce, and lime for my taste. I remade the sauce after making it as directed, but this time added only a splash of vinegar, soy sauce, and lime and was really pleased with the flavor. I will definitely make this again!
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1⁄2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Chicken stir fry
- 1⁄2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 -2 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut up into bite size pieces
- 6 -8 ounces frozen sugar snap peas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped (lightly salted)
- 1⁄2 lb cooked noodles or 1⁄2 lb cooked pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Cook noodles or pasta, drain, and set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet, over medium heat, cook chicken and onions in canola and sesame oil. Halfway through cooking, add garlic to pan. When chicken is done add sugar peas and stir to heat (about a minute or two). Add sauce mixture and stir to coat chicken. Little by little add cooked noodles or pasta stirring to coat.
- Serve garnished with chopped peanuts and cilantro.