Another Once a month meal that's sure to please. My little girl likes these because they pick up easily in her hands! *I revised this recipe based on several folks pointing out that I had made a mistake on the amount of cream cheese. Thank you so much for the input!
- Mix chicken, cream cheese, chives, milk, and salt in a medium bowl (mixing with hands works best) to make filling, and store in a 1 qt freezer bag.
- Put crouton crumbs in another 1 qt bag, attach it to bag of chicken filling, and freeze.
- Refrigerate crescent rolls.
- To prepare for serving, thaw chicken mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unroll crescent rolls.
- Each tube will contain 4 rectangles of dough with a diagonal perforation.
- Press dough along each perforation so the rectangle halves will not separate.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture into the center of each rectangle.
- Fold dough over the filling, and pinch the edges to seal tightly.
- Dip each packet in melted margarine, and coat with crouton crumbs.
- Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Packets are good either hot or cold.