Recipe by Daphney
DELICIOUS! This makes a great afternoon snack or perfect dinner. It's all about comfort food.
Top Review by Ducky
Good & tasty. This was so easy to prepare and everyone enjoyed it. I did use lower fat cream cheese. I brushed the tops of the packets with butter rather than dipping. I then put the crushed croutons on top of the packets. It was easier than trying to maneuver the packets around.
- 2 cups cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned croutons, crushed
- 2 (4 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chicken, cream cheese, chives, milk and salt in a medium bowl to make filling.
- Unroll crescent rolls. Each tube will contain four rectangles of dough with a diagonal perforation.
- Press dough along each peforation so the rectangle halves will not separate.
- Place about 1/4 cup of chicken mixture into the center of each rectangle.
- Fold dough over the filling and pinch the edges to seal tightly.
- Dip each packet in melted margarine, and coat with crouton crumbs.
- Place packets on a baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Packets are good hot or cold.