Cupcake Lynn's Note:
My mother-in-law made this and i had to have the receipe because the whole family loved it! It's a great use for left over chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can refrigerated biscuit, like pillsbury grands
- 1/4 cup light margarine
- 1/4 cup celery, sliced or chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1Heat oven to 375 degrees and prepare and bake biscuits according to package.
- 2Melt margarine in large, deep skillet or pan.
- 3Add celery (and optional green pepper) and stir 1 minute.
- 4Stir in flour, bouillon and thyme.
- 5Gradually add milk, Cook over medium-high heat until mixture boils and begins to thicken, stirring often.
- 6Add peas, chicken, mushroomsand optional corn and pimiento, Heat thoroughly.
- 7To serve, split biscuits and Top with mixture.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken over biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 416.4
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 1097.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 27.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: