Recipe by Bobtail
This recipe comes from Farm Bureau Insurance. This is their March/April 2007 recipe of the month. I have not tried it, but the combination of the lemon chive sauce, chicken and asparagus, etc. sounds delicious. This is a little twist on the usual hollandaise sauce. I have estimated the cook time. If you try it, I hope you enjoy it!
Lemon Chive Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3 ounces lump crabmeat
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 10 thin asparagus spears, trimmed and peeled
- 2 cups water, to boil asparagus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt for boiling water
- 4 cherry tomatoes (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Lemon Chive sauce instructions:.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter with lemon juice to make sauce.
- Whisk in cream cheese, milk and chives until smooth.
- Instructions for Chicken, etc:.
- In a medium saucepan, bring water mixed with 1/2 teaspoon salt to boil.
- As soon as the water comes to a boil, add asparagus and boil until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Lay chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap and pound to 1/2 inch thickness.
- On medium plate mix flour with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; dredge chicken to coat, patting off any excess.
- In medium, non-stick fry pan warm 1 teaspoon butter and oil over medium heat.
- Sauté chicken breasts on both sides until browned and firm-about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken; keep warm until ready to serve.
- Add onion to skillet and sauté until softened-about 4 minutes.
- Increase heat to high; add tomato and sauté until most of the moisture has evaporated. Turn heat to low and add crab meat, toss gently until just hot.
- To serve, set one chicken breast on each plate.
- Arrange 5 asparagus spears on top of each. Spoon some of the crab mixture over asparagus and drizzle with lemon chive sauce.