This is a very simple, yet elegant entree which is especially nice for a romantic meal. It's best if you can find fresh dungeness crab, but even canned crab will work. This is a popular dish served in restaurants on the West coast.
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of wax paper on a cutting board and pound very thin.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the butter in a heavy skillet. Dip the chicken pieces lightly in the seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- When the butter stops foaming, add the chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden. Remove to a heated serving platter as the remaining pieces are cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the hollandaise sauce per package directions. Keep warm.
- Cover each slice of chicken with crabmeat and top with 3 asparagus spears.
- Drizzle hollandaise sauce over asparagus and serve.