Recipe by lazyme
This is a very simple, yet elegant entree which is especially nice for a romantic meal. It's best if you can find fresh dungeness crab, but even canned crab will work. This is a popular dish served in restaurants on the West coast.
Top Review by Taylor's Mommy
All I can say is WOW! Super easy but looks like you spent hours making it. Husband couldn't get enough of it...so much so, we are having it again tonight! Made as written except for the flouring and it was so, so good. Thank you for our new favorite chicken dish:)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 12 asparagus spears, cooked
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package hollandaise sauce mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken between 2 pieces of wax paper on a cutting board and pound very thin.
- Combine the flour, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the butter in a heavy skillet. Dip the chicken pieces lightly in the seasoned flour and shake off excess.
- When the butter stops foaming, add the chicken and cook 3 to 4 minutes per side, until golden. Remove to a heated serving platter as the remaining pieces are cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, make the hollandaise sauce per package directions. Keep warm.
- Cover each slice of chicken with crabmeat and top with 3 asparagus spears.
- Drizzle hollandaise sauce over asparagus and serve.