Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Made this to have during a break from our yard sale. But never had time to eat it. Was super the next day for lunch. Orzo expaned alot, So I just added 2 more cups of broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrot, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut up chicken
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup uncook orzo pasta (rice shaped pasta)
- 48 ounces chicken broth (home made or reduced sodium)
- 1 1⁄2 cups 2% milk or 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup cut green beans
- romano cheese
- salt & pepper
- Heat oil in large pot over med heat, Add onions& carrots.
- Cook& stir 3-5 minutes until onion is clear.
- Add chicken, orzo,spices,& broth.
- Bring to a boil Simmer 15 minutes or until orzo is tender stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl combine milk& flour blend with a wire wisk.
- Add milk mixture& green beans to soup Blend well Simmer 10 min or until soup is thickened sprinkle with romano cheese, salt& pepper if desired serves 6.
I added a Table Spoon of Chicken Base and a Tea Spoon of Beef Base. This is a great recipe, everyone who has tasted it loved it so far.