Recipe by Braunda
From Mr. Food EasyCooking Magazine. This was really good. Hubby liked it and he is not a big pasta fan. Fast to make also. Enjoy!!!!!!!!
Top Review by moxie
This is a great easy weeknight meal, Braunda! After my first taste, I added some fresh Rosemary from the garden, which I think was a very flavorful addition. I also easily got six generous servings. Thank you so much for sharing.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 cup orzo pasta
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 cups water
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (16 ounce) can cannellini or 1 (16 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen broccoli florets, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet,heat oil over med.
- Add Chicken and brown 4-6 mins.
- Add orzo and garlic; saute 5-7mins or until orzo begins to brown.
- Add water,stewed tomatoes,beans,thyme,salt and black pepper.
- Cover and cook 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Add broccoli.
- Cover and cook 5 to 10 mins,or until broccoli and orzo are tender and chicken is no longer pink.