Recipe by dicentra
This is just the sort of thing I love taking to work for lunch. Cooking Light. April 2008.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
DH and I made this tonight mostly to take to work for lunch tomorrow, but we had a little bit as a light dinner as well. This recipe is really good and I know that I will definitely be making it again. I had to improvise a little by using canned tomatoes and I fell short of the requisite amount of arugula so I added a little baby spinach to supplement. This worked fine. I know the salad would taste even better with fresh grape tomatoes and more fresh arugula (mine was a little old). I'm copying this one down and look forward to having it again tomorrow. Thanks!
- 1 1⁄4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 3 cups chopped grilled chicken breast strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups trimmed arugula
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well.
- Combine pasta, chicken, and the next 6 ingredients (through oregano) in a large bowl; toss well.
- Combine vinegar, oil, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle vinegar mixture over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with cheese.