this is an entry for the RSC Winter - January 2005 - Main course
Make and share this Chicken Oriental Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten fried and cut into thin strips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small carrot, cut in very thin matchsticks
- 4 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, cut in half, then into matchsticks
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, cut into half rings
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1⁄4 cup dried apricot, chopped to raisin size
- 1 cup snap peas, strings removed and cut in half
- 3 heads baby shanghi bok choy, cut in bite size pieces (or regular baby bok choy)
- 2 cups spinach, packed, cut in strips
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut in strips (bottled is good)
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, rough chopped
- Lightly beat eggs, fry thin like a pancake, cut in strips, set aside.
- Cut chicken breasts into thin strips and place in plastic bag; in a small bowl mix together coriander, cumin, ginger, salt and pepper, add to plastic bag, shake to coat chicken.
- Refrigerate until ready to use at least 15 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a wok or large nonstick fry pan.
- Over medium high heat, add chicken and spices with any accumulated juices,stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots, mushrooms, fennel, and onion rings ; stir fry for 5 to 8 minutes; until chicken is cooked through, reduce heat and add garlic, cook stirring 1 minute.
- Add apricots, snap peas, stir fry 2 minutes, add baby bok choy, spinach and parsley, stir fry just until wilted, about 2 minutes; add roasted red pepper strips, stir fry just until heated through, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, whisk together, white wine, oyster sauce, fish sauce if using, soy sauce , and cornstarch; add to wok , cook and stir until sauce thickens , about 2 minutes.
- Add fried egg strips and mix.
- Remove to serving platter; sprinkle with chopped green onions and cashews.
- Serve hot alone or over plain white rice.
- Alone serves 4, over rice serves 6.