Recipe by St Margarets Kitchen
This recipe is a family favourite. The great thing about it is that you really can't mess it up. Once I made this and burned the chicken and it still came out well. Last night I made it with left over breaded chicken fingers and I have to say the reworked leftovers were better than the original dish. Chicken Oregano can be made up to 3 days in advance and it makes fantastic leftovers.
Top Review by ScottieDog
Disappointing. This recipe doesn't add anything to the many other similar recipes on here, and is well below many of them in terms of quality, and depth of flavour. Maybe your family is easier to please than mine!
- 6 chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C/ 350 degrees F.
- Lightly beat the eggs.
- Dip the chicken breast in the eggs and then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Fry the chicken on each side until it is brown but not cooked through. Place the chicken in a casserole dish.
- Using the same frying pan heat the remaining ingredients until they simmer.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the casserole dish in the caserole dish.
- Cook in oven for 30-40 minutes checking that the chicken has cooked through before serving.