- 3 lbs chicken breast halves, thin sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb provolone cheese, thinly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and butter in a large skillet.
- Dredge chicken in flour and shake of excess.
- Dip in egg, allowing excess to drip off.
- Sauté in skillet a few pieces at a time, turn once, browning on both sides.
- Arrange chicken in a buttered, shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper, oregano and cheese.
- Cover with foil, bake 15 minutes.
- Remove foil, baking until browned, about 15-20 minutes.