1/1 Photo of Chicken Oreganata With Lime
4 hrs 35 mins
A classic dish made with a Caribbean flair.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime zest, grated
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 3 lbs bone in skin on chicken breasts (4 each)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1In a small bowl, combine oregano, lime zest, cumin, garlic and pepper for marinade.
- 2Loosen skin from chicken and rub with marinade inside and outside skin and all over chicken; arrange in a large baking dish and cover with plastic and refrigerate four hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 4Heat oil in a large oven proof skillet over medium high heat; season chicken with salt.
- 5Add to skillet skin side down and brown about 5 minutes.
- 6Turn chicken and transfer skillet to oven and cook until chicken is done, about 25 minutes.
- 7Remove chicken to a serving platter; pour off all but 1 1/2 tablespoons of the drippings.
- 8Heat the drippings over medium high heat; add flour, cumin and cook about 30 seconds while stirring.
- 9Whisk in chicken broth, tequila and lime juice; bring to a boil and cook until reduced to 2/3 cups, about 2 minutes.
- 10Serve with chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken Oreganata With Lime
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 628.0
- Calories from Fat 308
- Total Fat 34.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 217.9 mg
- Sodium 697.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 72.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: