Recipe by justcallmetoni
I love the combination of lemon, garlic and oregano common in so many Greek recipes. Naturally, I had to save this one found on the Cooking Light website. Have not tried it yet but will do so soon.
Top Review by Natural Is Naturally Best
This was yummy!! I cooked it tonight for my family. There are 7 of us so it is hard to find things that everyone likes. This was a hit. I used regular oregano and let it marinade about 2 hours. My oldest daughter ate it but thought the lemon taste was a bit to strong but she is my pickiest eater. Everyone else thought it was perfect. Will be making again. Thanks for the recipe.
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried Greek oregano
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 8)
- cooking spray
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lemon juice, oil, garlic and oregano in a sealable plastic bag. Add chicken, close and shake. Marinate in refrigerator 3 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Place chicken in a single layer in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken is done. Juices will run clear.