Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This casserole is a great way to use leftover turkey or chicken. It is Delicious and freezes well too, but be warned that this makes ALOT, I usually freeze one half of this when I make it.
- 1 (16 ounce) package linguine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups of sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1 cup minced green bell pepper
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen green peas
- 1⁄2 cup cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper and saute until tender.
- Stir in cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth and cook, stirring, until heated through.
- Stir in pasta, Cheddar cheese, peas, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and chicken.
- Mix well and transfer mixture to a lightly greased 11x14 inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes, or until heated through.