Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Three flavors of canned soup takes the place of a creamed sauce for this recipe, I like to use 2 cans cream of mushroom and 1 can cream of chicken, I would suggest to add in salt if needed at the table as the creamed soups have enough salt already added . This is really good! :)
Top Review by Kristy D.
This was very good and extra rich! My personal opinion was that it was too thick for me, and perhaps next time I will use milk instead of the cream to make it less heavy and thick. I used a bit less noodles so that it would be slightly more saucy and it was perfect. I might also add chopped celery as I think this will add more flavor and texture. Thanks!
- 1 (16 ounce) package thin spaghetti (can use regular spaghetti if desired)
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and finely chopped) (optional)
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (or use 1-2 cans sliced drained mushrooms)
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken or 3 cups cooked turkey
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted (or use 2 cans cream of mushroom and 1 can chicken)
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish (or a large oval casserole dish).
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente (do not overcook the pasta, leave semi-firm as it will cook more in the oven) drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in whipping cream and all three canned soups, cooked chicken or turkey, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, 1-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese and frozen peas (if using) toss well to combine.
- In a large skillet melt butter; add in the mushrooms and cook until all the liquid is removed (about 10 minutes).
- To the skillet with the mushrooms, add in onions, garlic and jalapeño pepper (if using) sauté until onions are soft; add to the soup mixture.
- Using a wooden spoon mix all ingredients together until well combined.
- Season with seasoned salt and pepper (or white salt).
- Transfer to prepared baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake about 30-35 minutes (or until hot and bubbly) uncover and sprinkle with about 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, return to oven and bake until cheese is melted (about 5-8 minutes).