Sometimes we just need simple. Good use for leftovers, kid friendly, fast and easy, freezable and delicious. Beat that. (Note: Can sub tuna, drained.) Oh, don't leave out the parmesan. It makes the dish.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cooked chicken or 1 1⁄2-2 cups turkey, diced
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked al dente (this is less than a package)
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 ounces canned mushroom pieces, drained (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, cover and cook the onion and optional bellpepper until tender; about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients with the onion/bellpepper mixture, except 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. That includes the chicken or turkey, spaghetti, cream of mushroom soup, 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, Parmesan, milk, mushrooms, bacon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Turn into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle additional 1/4 cup cheddar on top and bake about 30 minutes or until bubbly.