Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Sometimes we just need simple. Good use for leftovers, kid friendly, fast and easy, freezable and delicious. Beat that. (Note: Can sub tuna, drained.) Oh, don't leave out the parmesan. It makes the dish.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cooked chicken or 1 1⁄2-2 cups turkey, diced
- 6 ounces spaghetti, cooked al dente (this is less than a package)
- 10 ounces cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 ounces canned mushroom pieces, drained (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven 350 degrees and grease a 2 quart baking dish.
- In a microwaveable safe bowl, cover and cook the onion and optional bellpepper until tender; about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine all remaining ingredients with the onion/bellpepper mixture, except 1/4 cup cheddar cheese. That includes the chicken or turkey, spaghetti, cream of mushroom soup, 1 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, Parmesan, milk, mushrooms, bacon, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Turn into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle additional 1/4 cup cheddar on top and bake about 30 minutes or until bubbly.
We loved this! I used chicken and reduced fat cheeses, sauteed the onions and peppers, and included the optional mushrooms and bacon. It was so easy, warming, and filling. Thanks for sharing!
Terrific recipe to use up leftover turkey! I had very few fresh ingredients on hand, so I had to substitute dried minced onion, and I used 2 cans of mushrooms. I left out the red pepper and garlic powder because I didn't have any. I used "Mexican" shredded cheese and added 1/8 c sour cream and 1 T cooking sherry. I served this dish with a green salad and garlic bread and it was a huge hit. I can't wait to have the leftovers tomorrow for lunch!
Great creamy, cheesy casserole! I did sautee the onions and peppers; can't understand using a microwave in this kind of thing. The green peppers, bacon and parmesan are the flavors that make the dish for us. We used some leftover chicken and also some freshly broiled chicken breasts. We might suggest some small fresh button mushrooms in place of canned, but we all liked it: I think it's delicious!