Recipe by keen5
This is very good served over a bed of lettuce or as a sandwich. It's a good way to use up left over turkey at Thanksgiving. I am basing prep and cook time on using left over meat. Cook time is actually the chill time.
Top Review by Ransomed by Fire
Huh. I don't know if my tastes are changing or if this recipe is just really good. I could've sworn I didn't like chicken salad sandwiches before I made this in May. Now, I actually find myself craving it from time to time. Thank you!
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken or 2 cups turkey
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup salad dressing or 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken and celery in bowl.
- Mix salad dressing (I used Miracle Whip), salt, poultry seasoning, onion salt and pepper.
- Pour over chicken and celery; toss.
- Cover; chill at least 2 hours.
- For variation, fold in one of the following: 1 cup chilled fruit (mandarin orange segments, chopped apple, seedless green grapes or pineapple tidbits) or: 1/4 cup chopped sweet pickle or: 4 slices bacon, crsply fried and crumbled or: 1/3 cup chopped nuts.