Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
I wanted a wild rice soup that was bold and warming and not creamy. This is what it came out to be and we enjoyed it a lot. I actually used a little garlic and onion powder, cayenne, oregano and paprika instead of creole seasoning because I didn't have any, but that is what it is. I use trader joes wild rice/basmati mix. cooked it first in stock and added about 1 1/2 cups
- Bring stock to a boil, add chicken, celery, carrot and leeks. bring back to a boil and simmer for about 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- remove chicken and add corn and tomatoes.
- when chicken is cooled to touch chop it and return it to the soup.
- add bouillon if your stock was not flavorful enough and season to taste with pepper, salt and creole seasoning (or see subs up top).
- add wild rice blend and heat through.