1/1 Photo of Chicken or Turkey-Mushroom Enchiladas
I have made these with both cooked turkey or chicken, please use only Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup for this any other brand of soup will not produce the best flavor! This recipe can easily be doubled but you will need to bake it in two 13 x 9-inch baking dishes --- if you prefer lots of sauce, then use 3 cans soup with 1-1/2 cups sour cream and increase the cheddar cheese slightly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely (or use green)
- 2 -3 teaspoons chili powder (can use more)
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken (or use cooked turkey)
- 1 (10 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained (hand-squeeze out excess water in the mushrooms before using)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, undrained
- seasoning salt
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese (can use more)
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish.
- 3In a bowl mix together the undiluted chicken soup, with sour cream, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese, seasoned salt and black pepper.
- 4In a saucepan heat butter over medium heat, add in the onion, garlic, red or green bell pepper and chili powder; saute for about 3 minutes.
- 5Add in the chopped chicken, green chilies (with their juice) mushrooms pieces and about 1/2 cup of the soup/sour cream mixture; mix to combine; bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes, then season with more salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Spread about half of the soup/chicken mixture onto the bottom of the casserole dish.
- 7Heat the tortilla shells for about 30 seconds in the microwave to soften.
- 8Spread about 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture along one side of each tortilla, then roll up each tortilla (there is no need to enclose the sides of the rolled tortillas).
- 9Place seam-side down in the baking dish.
- 10Spread remaining soup mixture over the enchiladas, use a spoon to spread the mixture out evenly.
- 11Sprinkle 1-2 cups or cheddar cheese over the soup mixture.
- 12Covered with foil and bake for about 25 minutes.
- 13Remove the foil then bake uncovered for another 10-12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Turkey-Mushroom Enchiladas
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 692.7
- Calories from Fat 364
- Total Fat 40.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.5 g
- Cholesterol 134.6 mg
- Sodium 1271.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 39.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: