1/5 Photos of Chicken or Turkey Meatballs (Moroccan Style)
My husband's mom would make this for me while I was in Morocco. After the first time I tried to figure out what she put in it to make them so good. Mine were ok but not wonderful like hers. So the next time I was there I paid close attention when she made them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chicken (I prefer chicken) or 1 lb ground turkey (I prefer chicken)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped (My addition, not hers) (optional)
- 1/2 medium onion, grated (The key to great meatballs & I dislike onion)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup flour, to coat (optional)
- 1Mix parsley, onion, & spices with the ground chicken (or turkey). Make sure it is well blended so that the spices are evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- 2Make 1 inch balls flattened to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- 3Optional: Dip the balls into the flour until coated. (The ones in the picture have been made this way).
- 4Pour enough oil to just cover the bottom of the frying pan, heat on medium heat.
- 5Place the balls into the heated oil. Turn frequently so they do not burn on the sides. Cook until they are done all the way through.
- 6Optional: To eat Moroccan style, use pieces of a thick bread to break off chunks of meatball. Pop into mouth & enjoy. (No utensils).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Turkey Meatballs (Moroccan Style)
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.2
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 97.5 mg
- Sodium 360.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 20.1 g