Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Made these for dinner tonight--found similar recipe on MSN.com in honor of Cinco de Mayo but I made a few small changes. WONDERFUL!!! If you let them bake just long enough the edges of the tortillas get a little crispy....mmmmm...
- 1 1⁄2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I marinated mine in jalapeno seasoning before grilling) or 2 cups cooked turkey (I marinated mine in jalapeno seasoning before grilling)
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chili peppers, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 6 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (I use part mozarrella to cut back on fat)
- 72 inches flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook onion in 2 tbs butter until tender.
- Combine onion mixture in bowl with chicken and green chili peppers.
- Set aside.
- For sauce, melt 3 tbs butter and stir in flour, coriander, and salt.
- (Mixture will be pasty).
- Stir in chicken broth all at once.
- Cook and stir until thick and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add sour cream and 1/2 cup of cheese.
- Stir 1/2 c of sauce into chicken mixture.
- Dip each tortilla into remaining sauce to soften.
- Fill each tortilla with about 1/4 c of the chicken mixture.
- Roll up.
- Arrange rolls in a baking dish (I prepped mine with a little cooking spray).
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees F for about 25 minutes or until you think it's bubbly enough!
We adore burritos/enchiladas. This is a nice change from the soup based sauces- nice clean taste. My family ate every bite-wanted more. I did add some leftover homemade salsa to the turkey mixture for flavor, but I think would be nice without. Thanks for posting!