Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
A great way to use up any leftover chicken or turkey! You can use canned well drained mushroom pieces in place of fresh if desired.
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup red bell pepper (seeded and finely chopped, or use a very small bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2⁄3 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- salt and pepper (I use seasoning salt)
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (cut into small cubes) or 2 1⁄2 cups turkey (cut into small cubes)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- Set oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms, onions, garlic, red bell pepper and thyme; sauté for about 2-3 minutes or until onions are soft and the mushrooms loose their moisture.
- Add in flour and stir 1 minute or until well blended, stirring constantly.
- Add/stir in whipping cream; cook stirring until thickened.
- Add in Parmesan cheese and cayenne pepper.
- Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add in cubed cooked chicken or turkey; toss to combine.
- Remove the crescents from the two packages and separate into 8 rectangles.
- Press the perforations together to seal into 8 solid rectangles.
- Evenly divide the chicken or turkey mixture between the 8 rectangles.
- Fold into triangles, then press the edges to seal in the mixture.
- Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.