Recipe by lazyme
Found this recipe online several years ago. It's a nice one to use for leftover turkey.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons parsley, snipped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 ounces mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 7 ounces frozen peas
- 2 cups chicken or 2 cups turkey, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons pimiento, chopped
- paprika (optional)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all crepe ingredients in a bowl and beat with a rotary beater.
- until blended.
- Heat a lightly greased 6-inch skillet.
- Remove from heat.
- Spoon in about 2 tablespoons of batter; lift and tilt skillet to spread.
- Return to heat; brown on one side only.
- Remove crepe to paper towel.
- Repeat to make 16- 18 crepes; greasing skillet occasionally.
- Cheese sauce:
- In a medium saucepan melt butter.
- Stir in flour and salt.
- Add milk, water and chicken bouillon granules all at once.
- Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly.
- Cook and stir 1-2 minutes more.
- Stir in cheese, wine, parsley and Tabasco.
- Remove 1 cup of the cheese sauce and set aside.
- Stir drained mushrooms into remaining sauce.
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain.
- Combine peas, chicken or turkey, pimento and the 1 cup reserved cheese sauce.
- Spread about 1/4 cup filling over the unbrowned side of each crepe, leaving a 1/4 inch
- rim around edge.
- Roll up crepe.
- Place, seam side down, in a 12x7x2 inch baking dish.
- Repeat with remaining crepes.
- Pour the remaining cheese sauce over crepes.
- Sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
- Cover; bake in a 375F oven for 18-20 minutes or till heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.