Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
BC's Back to Homemade. I can never find this recipe when I want it as it's not something I memorized. It's a great retro dish however, served over puff pastry shells or toast points. Perfect for brunch, especially after Thanksgiving.
- Saute bell pepper and mushrooms in butter in a deep pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add flour, salt, and pepper, stirring until it blends inches.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in milk, broth and the liquid from the mushrooms.
- Return to low heat, stirring constantly until it boils, then boil for 1 minute.
- Add chicken (or turkey) and pimientos, stirring well, and heating un til thoroughly hot.
- Serve on puff pastry shells, toast points, or rice.
This is a nice basic recipe that goes to together quickly. The mushrooms were rehydrated shitake mushrooms and in place of the mushroom liquid, some extra chicken stock was added in. For me, this recipe has to much flour and leaves a floury aftertaste. I would look at reducing the flour to about half. This was served over puff pastry shells with a side salad.