1/1 Photo of Chicken or Turkey a La King
Sue Lau's Note:
BC's Back to Homemade. I can never find this recipe when I want it as it's not something I memorized. It's a great retro dish however, served over puff pastry shells or toast points. Perfect for brunch, especially after Thanksgiving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute bell pepper and mushrooms in butter in a deep pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2Add flour, salt, and pepper, stirring until it blends inches.
- 3Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until bubbly. Remove from heat.
- 4Stir in milk, broth and the liquid from the mushrooms.
- 5Return to low heat, stirring constantly until it boils, then boil for 1 minute.
- 6Add chicken (or turkey) and pimientos, stirring well, and heating un til thoroughly hot.
- 7Serve on puff pastry shells, toast points, or rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Turkey a La King
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.5
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 84.2 mg
- Sodium 723.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 16.7 g