Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother passed this recipe on to me and I'm passing it on to my daughter. The whole family loves this comfort food and it's a great use for leftover turkey! Depending on the amount of leftover turkey, I sometimes triple the recipe. Serve over a bed of rice or on it's own.
- 118.29 ml mushroom (use fresh or canned)
- 118.29 ml green olives
- 118.29 ml butter
- 29.58 ml flour
- 473.18 ml milk
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper
- 473.18 ml cooked turkey or 473.18 ml cooked chicken
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 14.79 ml Worcestershire sauce
- Saute mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and add flour, whisking until thick.
- Gradually add milk while whisking until you get a thick sauce.
- Add all ingredients except mayonnaise and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add mayonnaise last and stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Loved this recipe and will make again. The only thing I did a little different was add red pepper for color and also used 1/2 &1/2 cream. Very rich and velvet. Was terrific.
You can't go wrong with this. I followed the recipe exactly with only one substitution. I used 1/2 & 1/2 cream instead of milk. Oooh rich! I made it in a glass pan ahead of time, up to adding the mayonaise. then put it in the 'frig while my friend and I had happy hour. When we wanted dinner, I reheated it and added the mayonaise. I served it over puff pastry shells with green peas on the side. Yummy!!!
This was fantastic!! We had no olives, so I used a bit of celery and onion. We also added about a half can of sweet peas. It will be a regular in our house from now on--my 6 year old son even liked it!!!