Recipe by Axe
My mother passed this recipe on to me and I'm passing it on to my daughter. The whole family loves this comfort food and it's a great use for leftover turkey! Depending on the amount of leftover turkey, I sometimes triple the recipe. Serve over a bed of rice or on it's own.
Top Review by beavergirl16
Loved this recipe and will make again. The only thing I did a little different was add red pepper for color and also used 1/2 &1/2 cream. Very rich and velvet. Was terrific.
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (use fresh or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup green olives
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute mushrooms and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt butter and add flour, whisking until thick.
- Gradually add milk while whisking until you get a thick sauce.
- Add all ingredients except mayonnaise and stir until thoroughly mixed.
- Add mayonnaise last and stir thoroughly.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.