Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
The page in the old cookbook with this recipe is so spattered that it is hard to read.
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained, liquid reserved
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant chicken bouillon powder
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk (not skim)
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 cups cooked chicken or 2 cups cooked turkey, cut up
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimiento, chopped
- Put mushrooms, green pepper, and margarine in a saucepan and cook 5 minutes at medium, then remove pan from heat.
- Blend in flour, salt and pepper, and cook over low hear until bubbly, stirring constantly.
- Stir bouillon, milk, water and mushroom liquid into mixture and heat to boiling, again stirring constantly, and boil for 1 minute.
- Stir in pimientos and chicken (or chicken) and heat through.
- Serve hot over rice, toast, or noodles.
Delicious! We would strongly recommend this!