Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I always used to make this when we were newlyweds. It's quick, and easy on the budget. Add a salad and you have a tasty little meal.
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing or 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 hardboiled egg, chopped
- 1 can tuna or 2 cups cooked cubed chicken
- 2 cups broken potato chips
- Combine soup, celery, onion, mayonnaise and pepper in 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Fold in eggs, and tuna or chicken.
- Top with potato chips.
- Bake at 400° for 30 mins.
- This can be made ahead of time and refrigerated.
- Top with chips right before baking.
I am not much of a cook and my fiancee is always the one left making dinner. But this recipe is so easy, cheap, quick and delicious!!! Thank you so much!!!
The reason I am not rating this is because I think I would like it with tuna. It was too bland with chicken. It was ok, but not something we would want to eat again. I think tuna is stronger flavored and would work good with this recipe.
I wanted something different for dinner tonight and since I had all the ingredients for this, I decided to go for it. I had not had a tuna casserole in years. I made this according to the recipe. I used a 7 oz pouch of tuna (actually was about 6.5 oz by the time I shared with the kitties). There is no need to drain the pouch kind and you get the full amount of tuna. I used Pringles Sour Cream and Onion potato chips on top. When I was crushing the chips over the top, I found myself thinking that this looks like what boys in a frat house would cook LOL! After cooking the consistency was soft, not formed, which I think is to be expected. However, since I eyeballed the mayo, I may have used too much. It was really very good. I was pleasantly surprised that the cream of chicken soup was not overwhelming. Leftovers will be for lunch tomorrow! Thanks Aunt Paula!