Recipe by For JT's Grandma
A little better than your run of the mill casserole. If no mushroom or celery soup then I use whatever creamed soups I have in the pantry. We serve this with fresh sliced tomatoes out of the garden. If I have baked chicken or turkey left overs, this is one way to finish them off as well!
- 1 (8 ounce) bag egg noodles (cooked)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms (can use fresh)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery salt or 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups canned milk
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chicken or 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can tuna
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green peas
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups Ritz crackers (crushed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion, garlic and mushrooms with 3 tbsp butter in large saucepan.
- Add canned soups, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, sour cream and milk.
- Bring to heavy simmer and cook about 15 minutes, stirring often.
- While sauce is cooking, drain and rinse chicken or tuna, squeeze all moisture out.
- Drain peas.
- Add chicken and peas and noodles to sauce and gently combine well. Pour into greased large casserole.
- Top with crushed crackers and dot with 2 tbsp butter.
- Bake at 350 for 30 - 40 minutes. Will be a bit bubbly and top will be browned.