Chef Larz in Pennsboro, WV's Note:
A light one dish meal loaded with vegetables and lightly seasoned chicken. You can easily substitute tofu for the chicken for a vegetarian version.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 small onion, sliced and cut into strips
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2 inch long strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or equivalent dried and reconstituted)
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 medium sliced yellow squash, cut into strips
- 1 medium sliced zucchini, cut into strips
- 1 (14 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch strips (or substitute 14 oz firm tofu)
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1Saute chicken (or Tofu) in small fry pan coated with vegetable spray and seasoned with poultry seasoning. Cook until no longer pink and set aside.
- 2Place onions, carrots, and garlic in non stick skillet with oil and small amount of water (3-4 Tbls). Cover and cook just until carrots begin to tenderize but are still crunchy.
- 3Place squash, zucchini, and bell pepper on top of onions and carrots. Cover and simmer, stir once or twice and cook just until vegetables are crisp tender.
- 4Add tomatoes, basil and lemon pepper; stir and cook 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 5Remove from heat and serve vegetables over rice and top with the chicken (or Tofu).
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken (Or Tofu) Vegetable Sauté
Serving Size: 1 (459 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.7
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 108.9 mg
- Sodium 376.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 38.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: