Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Chicken or Tilapia Piccata recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -4 chicken breasts, pounded flat or 2 -4 tilapia fillets or 2 -4 favorite fish fillets
- 1⁄2 cup white wine or 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 lemons, juice of
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons whole capers
- 1 teaspoon minced capers
- flour (for dredging)
- 3 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- Dust fillets with salt and pepper and dredge in flour.
- Heat olive oil in pan over med heat. Brown chicken/fish in oil. about 2 minutes per side, or until cooked through and browned. Remove from pan.
- Deglaze with wine and add butter and capers. Cook for 2 minutes until alcohol has cooked off. Add lemon juice add salt to taste.
- Add chicken/fish back into pan. Add parsley.
- Serve on a platter with sauce.
I have made this several times, but never with chicken yet, and it always turns out great! Only thing I've done different is the use of the lemon juice that comes in the plastic containers. I'm sure it would be even better with fresh lemon juice but I rarely buy lemons. It's definitely a keeper!
Great recipe. Added a twist to our healthy diet of fish. Didn't use parsley....didn't miss it.
I selected this recipe for the My Three Chefs event and was happy with my choice. I used tilapia. Other than finding the amount of oil excessive I followed the recipe exactly. I used about half of the amount. I had a lot of sauce for 4 servings of fish. It would probably be perfect for the chicken. Thank you for sharing your recipe!