Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A great summer rice salad, with a tasty dressing, and wonderful way to use that leftover rice. Cooking time is for chicken or shrimp.
Top Review by MarshHen
Oh my, I am so wondering how this recipe of yours slipped past me, as I always look for your awesome recipes. Living here on the Georgia Coast, we have access to Wild Georgia Shrimp at hardly no cost and I'm always looking for tasty recipes to use them in. Wanted to make a different shrimp salad for a church dinner and yours was a big hit. Everyone raved about it and I was more than hapy to share the recipe with everyone. Thanks again Kitten, for another winner! Can't wait to try it with chicken, too.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breasts, diced (any amount you wish) or 1 lb cooked shrimp
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 3 cups cooked white rice or 3 cups cooked brown rice, cold
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste (I use seasoned salt)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients, toss gently.
- In a jar combine all dressing ingredients, shake well.
- Add to chicken or shrimp mixture, mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 or more hours, to combine the flavors.