Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adapted this recipe from one I found in a South Beach diet cookbook. The original recipe is with broiled salmon, I prefer it with chicken, but still prepare it both ways. It's fast, easy, and so yummy. Tastes a bit like a creamy chicken picatta.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (pounded or sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (reduced or fat free work great)
- flour, enough to dust the chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Lightly dredge with flour, shaking off excess.
- Sauté chicken breasts in olive oil until light brown and cooked through, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- Place chicken aside in a pretty dish or platter.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to pan, if necessary, and sauté garlic over medium heat for one minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add the lemon juice, capers, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Cook for five minutes.
- Add the sour cream and cook for five more minutes, or until heated through.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
I took the advice of another reviewer and halved the amount of lemon juice. Turned out perfect. Thanks for posting the recipe!
I liked this recipe! Very yum. Saw the previous comment and halved lemon. It was just right.
Way too much lemon