I adapted this recipe from one I found in a South Beach diet cookbook. The original recipe is with broiled salmon, I prefer it with chicken, but still prepare it both ways. It's fast, easy, and so yummy. Tastes a bit like a creamy chicken picatta.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (pounded or sliced thin)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup sour cream (reduced or fat free work great)
- flour, enough to dust the chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1Sprinkle chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- 2Lightly dredge with flour, shaking off excess.
- 3Sauté chicken breasts in olive oil until light brown and cooked through, approximately 4 minutes per side.
- 4Place chicken aside in a pretty dish or platter.
- 5Add another tablespoon of oil to pan, if necessary, and sauté garlic over medium heat for one minute.
- 6Reduce heat to low and add the lemon juice, capers, and lemon-pepper seasoning. Cook for five minutes.
- 7Add the sour cream and cook for five more minutes, or until heated through.
- 8Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken (Or Salmon) in a Zesty Lemon Cream Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 253.0
- Calories from Fat 128
- Total Fat 14.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.4 mg
- Sodium 217.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 27.3 g