1/2 Photos of Chicken or Salmon Foil Packs
LOVE foil pack recipes...I use them when I go camping for a weekend trip. Really, any fish would probably work well, but I have never tried any other ones. The sauce for this foil pack is from Fiona Haynes' About.com Low Fat Blog. I added some veggies to make it a a complete meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts or 12 ounces salmon
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1/8 celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/16 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 potato, 1/4 inch cubed
- 1 cup green beans, cut in half
- aluminum foil
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees if cooking in an oven.
- 2For campers, prepare beforehand and pack in ice.
- 3Combine soy sauce, ginger and garlic in a bowl.
- 4Tear off 2 sheets of foil measuring 12 x 18 inches each. Place one chicken breast in the center of each sheet of foil wrap. Cut two small slits in each chicken breast.
- 5Add vegetables. Drizzle the ginger-garlic-soy mixture over the chicken and vegetables.
- 6Bring up the sides of the foil and turn over the top edge twice. Seal the ends, leaving enough room inside the packets for air to circulate.
- 7Place on a cookie sheet and cook for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches a minimum of 165 degrees.
- 8OR place on fire coals. Cook for 20 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken or Salmon Foil Packs
Serving Size: 1 (455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.1
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 98.6 mg
- Sodium 2270.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 46.7 g