If you are following the WW points programme, this serves 4 at 3.5points each. I have included points in brackets beside each ingredient. The chicken or pork is fresh minced. I serve this with a baked vegetable medley, but as it has oriental flavours, stir fried vegetables could also be used.
- 4 large red peppers (or a mixture, 0) or 4 large green peppers (or a mixture, 0) or 4 large yellow peppers (or a mixture, 0)
- 300 g chicken (10) or 300 g pork mince (10)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (4)
- chinese five-spice seasoning
- Pre heat oven to 180'C/350'F.
- Slice the capsicums in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds.
- Mix together all the other ingredients.
- Stuff mixture into the capsicum halves.
- Bake on an oven tray lined with baking paper, until cooked thoroughly (about 20-30mins depending on your oven).
Great idea Jogreen, I just cooked this using pork and capsicum and results were great! Also made a little extra mixture that I've vacuum sealed to use as a side dish over the next week. The only change I made to the recipe was to use four fresh cloves of garlic. I cooked on the rack of a BBQ and wrapped a little foil around the bottom of the capsicums to stop too much direct heat, and cooked along with a variety of other vegetables. An added bonus to the foil was while I cooked a few vegetables that don't take much time it could be left on the grill with the cover open to keep warm.