- 3 lbs chicken thighs or 3 lbs pork butt
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- If using pork, cut pork into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a large sauce pot, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and let stand for 1 to 3 hours.
- Bring to a boil; lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes (45 minutes for pork).
- Uncover and simmer 15 more minutes or until liquid evaporates and chicken or pork is lightly browned.