Recipe by spatchcock
I love this recipe--have used it several times with great results. I experiment a lot with ingredients---only once made it with chicken because I just don't like dealing with raw chicken. Anyway this is good with zucchini sauce (I'll post that now) and tomato sauces (you can find plenty around here!) This makes a great veggie dish if you make this with the substitutions I mention below.
- 21.26 g butter
- 77.96 g chicken breast fillets, cubed (I've used tofu before, and also mushrooms--with a little extra salt for flavor for both)
- 2 slice pancetta, chopped (never added this, don't eat pork)
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (I've used 2 egg whites before)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat butter in a frying pan, add chicken (or tofu or mushrooms or whatever) until golden brown, then drain.
- Process this in food processor (along with the pancetta, if you choose to include it) until finely chopped.
- Transfer to bowl and add cheese, nutmeg, egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill pasta and seal edges with egg whites (use a pastry brush to apply this, or your impeccably clean hands).