Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe--have used it several times with great results. I experiment a lot with ingredients---only once made it with chicken because I just don't like dealing with raw chicken. Anyway this is good with zucchini sauce (I'll post that now) and tomato sauces (you can find plenty around here!) This makes a great veggie dish if you make this with the substitutions I mention below.
- 3⁄4 ounce butter
- 2 3⁄4 ounces chicken breast fillets, cubed (I've used tofu before, and also mushrooms--with a little extra salt for flavor for both)
- 2 slices pancetta, chopped (never added this, don't eat pork)
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (I've used 2 egg whites before)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat butter in a frying pan, add chicken (or tofu or mushrooms or whatever) until golden brown, then drain.
- Process this in food processor (along with the pancetta, if you choose to include it) until finely chopped.
- Transfer to bowl and add cheese, nutmeg, egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill pasta and seal edges with egg whites (use a pastry brush to apply this, or your impeccably clean hands).
This worked well, as promised and tasted rich and flavorful. I didn't use the pancetta but otherwise followed the recipe. Thanks, meow!