1/1 Photo of Chicken (or mushroom or tofu) tortellini filling
I love this recipe--have used it several times with great results. I experiment a lot with ingredients---only once made it with chicken because I just don't like dealing with raw chicken. Anyway this is good with zucchini sauce (I'll post that now) and tomato sauces (you can find plenty around here!) This makes a great veggie dish if you make this with the substitutions I mention below.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 ounce butter
- 2 3/4 ounces chicken breast fillets, cubed (I've used tofu before, and also mushrooms--with a little extra salt for flavor for both)
- 2 slices pancetta, chopped (never added this, don't eat pork)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (I've used 2 egg whites before)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1Heat butter in a frying pan, add chicken (or tofu or mushrooms or whatever) until golden brown, then drain.
- 2Process this in food processor (along with the pancetta, if you choose to include it) until finely chopped.
- 3Transfer to bowl and add cheese, nutmeg, egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Fill pasta and seal edges with egg whites (use a pastry brush to apply this, or your impeccably clean hands).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken (or mushroom or tofu) tortellini filling
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.3
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 251.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: