Recipe by StarXssd
This is one of my family's favorites! Chicken, Lamb... Pick your meat! For quicker prep, I'll use a pre-cooked, plain rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and pull the meat. But this dish is delicious with lamb as well.
Top Review by starxssd
Fantastic recipe! Wouldn't change a thing! I did add more of curry powder and cayenne to the base recommended amount as suggested by the author. We like our curry super curry-like and spicier! Well done!
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken (pick your meat) or 1 1⁄2 cups cooked lamb (pick your meat)
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (Chopped)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion (Chopped)
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- salt (To Taste)
- pepper (To Taste)
- cayenne (To Taste)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder (Start with 2 tsp, then Add More to Taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion.
- Add the flour.
- Stir until smooth and bubbly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat (Leave your burner on).
- Add the Chicken Broth.
- Return saucepan to the burner and stir constantly until boiling and thickened.
- Add salt, pepper, cayenne, and 2 TSP Curry Powder to start, then adjust to taste.
- Add in your chicken and hard boiled eggs.
- Lower to a simmer and let the flavors meld for a few minutes. You can simmer on extra low for as long as you like, just stir is occasionally.
- Serve over rice.