1/1 Photo of Chicken (Or Beef) Satay
You can make this with chicken or beef. I got this from "1000 Classic Recipes for Every Cook".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 inch gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 9.85 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 9.85 ml dark brown sugar
- 14.79 ml lemon juice or 14.79 ml lime juice
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 295.73 ml coconut milk
- 78.07 ml crunchy peanut butter
- 14.79 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml lemon juice or 4.92 ml lime juice
- 1Using a sharp knife, trim any fat from chicken, then cut into 3" strips.
- 2For marinade, place onion, garlic, ginger, soy, shili powder, coriander, brown sugar lemon juice and vegetable oil in a zip top bag and mix well. Add chicken strips and mix in marinade until well coated. Put in refrigerator for 2 hours and up to overnight.
- 3Remove meat from marinade and thread the strips accordion style onto pre-soaked wooden skewers.
- 4Broil the skewers for 8-10 minutes, turning and brushing occasionally with the marinade until cooked through.
- 5Meanwhile, make sauce.
- 6Mix coconut milk with peanut butter, fish sauce, and lemon juice in saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8Transfer sauce to serving bowl and serve with cooked satays.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chicken (Or Beef) Satay
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.7
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.1 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 1092.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: