Prep 1 min
Cook 35 mins
My first attempt at brown rice in Pampered Chef's rice cooker was crunchy, so I added more water and got good rice. The rice I had did not have microwave instructions, and I didn't want to start buying a different brand and that is why I am adding this so I can look up how I got it to work. If you make your own stock you can probably use that in place of the water, and leave the stock cubes out. I just used what I had on hand.
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons spreadable butter (like country crock, part veggie oil)
- 2 chicken or 2 beef bouillon cubes
- Add all the ingredients into the Rice Cooker Plus, microwave on high for 10 minutes.
- Stir. then microwave at half power for 20 minutes.
- Let sit for 5 minutes after cooking, then fluff with fork and serve.