Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is one of my favourite recipes. Its a Portuguese recipe, made of boneless chicken breasts. It's braised in a white Portuguese Port Wine, with mushrooms and cream. You can serve it over noddles, rice, or with french.fries, and a nice tossed green salad, have a good bottle of wine ready to goble this down with. I do hope you will enjoy it as much as I do
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 -6 chicken breasts
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream
- 1⁄3 cup port wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a hot frying pan heat half of the butter (medium-high heat).
- Add in the mushrooms and onion cook for about 5 minutes along with the garlic.
- Remove and set aside in a bowl or deep dish.
- In a bowl combine the flour salt and pepper to coat chicken breasts on both sides.
- In the same frying pan add in the remaining butter and cook the chicken breasts over medium-high heat, careful not to burn, cook till browned on all sides.
- Now stir in the cream and the Port Wine, and the mushrooms, bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or till cooked.
- Pour into a platter and sprinkle chopped parsley over top.
Bom Dia Mia #3: Loved a recipe calling for white Port (very seldom find one). Flavor is wonderful but after removing the chicken from the sauce I boil the sauce down a little to thicken. This also gives it a deeper flavor. Thanks again for a great recipe and so easy.
This was REALLY good!! The port and the mushrooms gave the sauce a lovely flavor. My only complaint (and it's minor!) is that the sauce was a little bit thin--I might cut back a bit on the cream next time, or else cook the sauce a little longer after the chicken was done to reduce it.