Prep 7 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the easiest chicken to make and it tastes like restaurant quality. Skinless chicken (bone in) with a scrumptious sauce. Everyone asks for the recipe.
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs bone-in skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, large dice
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, large slice
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup marsala or 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sherry wine
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Sprinkle the chicken with seasonings to taste. Brown well in the butter on both sides. Place chicken in baking dish. Sprinkle mushrooms and onions over chicken. Combine remaining ingredients well and pour over all.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Note: I usually baste the chicken with the sauce once or twice to keep it moist. Very good SHTUFF, as my husband says.
This is very flavorful and easy to make. Made with bone-in/skinless thighs and it was great. We are not wine drinkers so I used some marsala cooking wine and added the full 3/4 cup so it would have the marsala flavor. Was very good; will try again with b/s chicken, it is easier to serve the little ones. Made for PAC Spring 2010.
This was very simple to make and very, very satisfy. Great sauce created and good marsala flavor. Very impressive. I used Campbells Cream of Mushroom and Herbs instead of Cream of Chicken. Very good! Thanks for sharing!
I just have to say GREAT name!