Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I found this is one of my mom's country cookbooks and modified to my family's taste. It is a comfort food favorite and is easy to adjust for fewer or more people.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper
- dip the chicken in the butter/oil and then in the breadcrumbs and place in a pan. (note this is best done in an oven safe skillet if possible).
- cut the onion into wedges, dip in butter and breadcrumbs and place in pan.
- drizzle any remaining butter/oil and crumbs over the top.
- Cook in 400 degree oven for 40-60 minutes, depending on how much chicken and your oven.
- Once done, remove chicken and onions from skillet, leave the crumbs behind. Add sour cream to the pan and stir, scraping up the crumbs stuck on the bottom of the pan. Heat through on stovetop if needed and add salt and pepper to taste.
- tips: add some hot sauce if your family likes it. this gravy goes really well with rice.