Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Company's Coming - made them for a potluck and everyone loved them, and I didn't tell a soul how easy they were. :) I didn't really measure the spices - just guess-timated! You can use margarine instead of butter and dried thyme if you don't have fresh!
- Melt the first amount of butter in a large frying pan on medium then add onion, cooking for 5 to 10 min, stirring oftern until softened.
- Add apple, stir, and reduce heat to med-low, cooking for about 20 min, stirring occasionally until onion is very soft and golden - transfer to med bowl and cool for 10 minute.
- Add next 5 ingredients to bowl (chicken to pepper) and mix well.
- Lay pastry sheets on top of each other and cut in half crosswise, making 12 sheets.
- Place 1 sheet on work surface with long side closest to you, keeping remaining sheets covered with a damp tea towel to keep them from drying out.
- Brush sheet with melted butter and cut sheet in half crosswise. Put about 1 tbsp chicken mixture on lowest end of 1 half sheet, about an inch from the edge.
- Fold bottom edge over chicken mixture, then fold in sides, and roll up from the bottom, fully enclosing filling (kind of like wrapping a baby burrito!).
- Place seam side down on greased baking sheet with sides and cover with a separate damp towel.
- Repeat with remaining phyllo and chicken mixture.
- brush top of rolls with any remaining melted butter and bake at 400 degrees for about 15 minutes until pastry is golden and chicken is no longer pink!